Things To Do in North Charleston, South Carolina
Guests of the Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport & Conference Center can enjoy close proximity to all the top things to do in North Charleston! Conveniently located off the I-26, guests can easily access some of the area’s best concert venues, convention centers, and area attractions during their stay with us, all while enjoying a relaxing stay in one of our charming hotel rooms.
Check out some of our top picks for things to do in the North Charleston, South Carolina area and book your stay today!
One of the area’s up and coming neighborhoods, Park Circle is home to an exceptional array of restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues. One of the best things to do in North Charleston, South Carolina, is strolling through the area’s namesake Park Circle, and sampling some fresh produce at the farmer’s market, or exploring the walkable neighborhood's charming local shops.
Beer enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to one of the area’s breweries, while guests looking to indulge in a great meal can explore the area’s diverse array of cuisine- ranging from wood-fire pizzas, barbecue restaurants, and Vietnamese spots.
Museums & Memorials
North Charleston is rich with history, as settlers originally populated this area before moving on to colonize the downtown area. Visitors can learn more about the city by visiting any of these museums!
- The Greater Charleston Naval Base Memorial, which was enacted after the Naval Base closed in 1996.
- Interested in water exploration? Visit the H.L. Hunley submarine, which was thought to be lost in 1864 and discovered in the August of 2000 at the bottom of the ocean. Take a tour of the laboratory in which this ancient submarine is held while enjoying interactive exhibits throughout.
- Learn more about pre-civil war Charleston by paying a visit to the Magnolia Plantation & Gardens, home to one of “America’s Most Beautiful Gardens”, as well as the Middle Place House Museum!
- Just steps from the hotel, guests can also visit the North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum and Education Center, which gives an in-depth look at the history of fire services in Lowcountry.
Arts & Culture
Make sure to pay a visit to the North Charleston City Gallery during your stay with us! Featuring a broad array or work by local, national, and international artists, focusing on paintings, photography, and other two-dimensions pieces.
Or check out a show or a game at the North Charleston Coliseum & Performing Arts Center when you’re in town! Home to a number of concert, sporting events, and theatrical performances there’s always something going on at the Coliseum.
Book your stay at our hotel to enjoy close proximity to all the exciting events happening in Charleston! Make sure to check out these local favorites during your stay:
- Charleston Jazz Festival: January
- Charleston Food & Wine Festival: March
- Volvo Car Open Tennis: March
- Cooper River Bridge Run: April
- High Water Festival: April
Book your stay with us today to enjoy close proximity to all the best things to do in North Charleston, South Carolina!
Explore North Charleston!
Take a look at our gallery to explore the stunning neighborhoods of North Charleston.